I wanted to really sit down and take a look at the blessings that have come my way since the breakup. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep because I felt so unsettled. I’m still getting used to the big changes that have been occurring in my life over the last 6 months, but I wanted to recognize that change doesn’t always = bad. So I want to show that good things truly do come unexpectedly from pretty crappy situations.
- Becoming BEST friends with E.B. (SO glad I turned to you even though we were not THAT close at the time of the breakup)
- Reconnecting with a hometown friend that I had lost touch with during college (thanks for being there when I didn’t know where else to go)
- Quitting a job I dreaded going to (I was planning on working there for another 2ish years, until I moved with my ex)
- Starting a new job that fits my career style WAY better
- Creating a closer, different kind of bond with my mom that I didn’t have before experiencing a break up
- Learning I don’t want to get into real estate (at the moment)
- Moving out and getting my own apartment!!!
- Adopting my FIRST pet ever and finding my pet mate ❤
- Learning to handle my own bills & money management quicker than I would have if I lived with my parents for another 2 years
- Becoming passionate about astrology, space, science & technology, meditation and healing crystals (people used to ask me what my hobbies and passions were and I never had an answer, but now I do!)
- Learning how to love myself, change the things I can change that I don’t like, and learning to love the parts that I don’t necessarily like and can’t change
- Starting a blog that has given me a voice, new connections with others dealing with some of the same stuff, and a healthy way to express & cope with internal struggles
- Officially & FINALLY moving out of my hometown (in 2 months!!!) and becoming roommates with E.B. !!! (from #1)
- Becoming independent, confident, wise, strong, knowledgeable, adventurous and so, so much more!
Looking back on this list, I realize that A LOT of good has come from having my heart ripped to shreds and stomped on (not to be dramatic or anything). I am grateful for all the new opportunities, new hobbies & passions, and new friendships that have come into my life that either would have never happened (or would have taken a very, very, very long time to happen). I remember trying to make a list in the first month or two after it happening and I had about 3 things I could write down. Fast forward another 4 months and my list has grown tremendously. If all this can happen in the first 6 months, I can’t wait to see what another 6 months will bring. And then in another year, 2, 5, 10… There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss having the love that I had, but at the same time, not a day goes by that I’m not excited and anxious to see what else will come out of one boy making one of the dumbest decisions of his life.